How To Get The New Facebook Timeline Profile (VIDEO)
Facebook just released their new Timeline Profile earlier today on their #f8 Conference for Developers live broadcast earlier today.
If you are wondering how you can get in early and have the new timeline instead of having to wait “a few weeks” there are ways to get it early.
TechCrunch found a method for getting the new profile immediately. If you want to learn how to do it, simply watch the video below and follow along.
[The steps in the video are outlined below].
1. Get the Developer Facebook app. Type “Developer” into the Facebook search bar and click on the first result. Click “Allow.”
2. In the top righthand corner of the Developer app, click on the “+ Create New App” button. Fill out the App display name and description. (Just write a cool word there, like “superduper”).
3. Agree to the Developer privacy agreement. TechCrunch says you need to have a “verified account” for this, which means that you’d need to have a credit card attached to your Facebook profile; I don’t have a verified account but they still let me get it 🙂
4. Find the “Open Graph” on the left sidebar and type in a test verb and noun for your new app. I started a “Read a Book” app, so my test verb will be “Read” and my test noun will be “Book”:
5. Run through a few pages of new app information. No need to enter anything here, just keep on saving changes and continuing.
6. In five to ten minutes, you’ll have an invitation at the top of your Facebook profile to try out the new profile. WARNING: It might be buggy to start off with. Remember it’s still in beta so there will be errors.