How to Unlock More of Your Brain Power
Brain Power is something that we are constantly trying to improve.
It seems like a lot of the products that are being released are out there to help you think faster, improve your memory, comprehend information better and to truly unleash your brain’s full potential.
Even signs like this are being sold on Amazon. (I laugh every time I see this)
More and more information is becoming available on how to unlock more of your brain power so I thought it would be a good idea to create a resource to help you improve your brain power.
Below is a list of things you can do to unlock more brain power:
- Cultivate ambidexterity. You always brush your teeth and eat your food with the same hand. Take notice of this and switch it up. You can also start juggling today which helps ambidexterity.
- 5 Why’s. When stuck on projects, ask yourself 5 “Why’s”. This will help you to get more detailed on your answers and brings more of your childhood curiosity back into your life.
- Think positive thoughts. You’re already thinking all day anyway, why not think positive thoughts?
- Eat Brain Foods. You can learn about brain foods here and why you should start to incorporate them into your diet.
- Listen to music. Music has a profound impact on your life and if you listen to the Baroque style of music and do work, your productivity will soar through the roof. Baroque music pulses between 50 to 80 beats per minute. Baroque music “stabilizes mental, physical and emotional rhythms,” according to Chris Boyd Brewer, “to attain a state of deep concentration and focus in which large amounts of content information can be processed and learned.”
- Train Your Brain. When you take the time to train your brain, everything becomes possible.
- Learn a foreign language. Learning a foreign language is one of the best things you can do to unlock more of your brain power. It will also make you more intelligent and a better communicator.
- Start a blog. Learning to write has had a profound impact on the way I view the world. I never used to enjoy writing and now use it as a tool for personal growth and to share what I learn. You can learn to start a blog in 24 hours here.
- Learn to speed read.
- Commit to lifelong learning. Never stop learning. If you can, try to learn something new every day.
- Admit your problems out loud. I wrote a blog post all about my weaknesses to not only admit them to myself, but to free myself from these limiting beliefs I had about my weaknesses.
Do you have any experiences that helped you unlock more of your brain power?